History of the Church in Bury

The history of our church in Bury

  • The first Congregational Church was built on New Road in 1792
  • That Church was rebuilt in 1885
  • In 1965 we became Bury Congregational Church after the amalgamation of New Road, Bethel, and Castlecroft Congregational Churches
  • The Church became part of the United Reformed Church in 1972
  • The Church was relocated to Parson’s Lane in 2006 when The Rock  was re-developed, and officially opened in June 2007